- Download the source
- Extract the source
- ./configure && sudo make install
- Install a recent gtkmm windows binary package (you just need the runtime package not devel)
- Download the cairomm binary and the win-pente zip
- Put cairomm and unzip pente in the same directory and run!
This project fell out of my need to learn C# for a new job. It's a Mono/Gtk# implementation of the game Pente. It came out well enough that I'm going to keep working on it to see how far I can take it. Direct any comments or questions to me.
I decided to port to C++ for two reasons:
It turns out only the first was a good reason as the C++ AI implemtation is about as slow. I'll probably have to change the project name now :).
- The Linux tools and IDEs for C# aren't very stable/complete yet
- I had concerns that mono was being really slow in the AI routines
Clever move ordering
- Memory resident decision tree so it doesn't need to be rebuilt every time
- Initial decision tree loaded from disk based on well known starts
- Threaded decision tree searching
- Experiment w/ even fancier algorithms (MTD(f), Negascout, transposition table, etc)
- Network Games
Windows binary release